You guys enjoyed my mini smores recipe so much that with the holidays approaching, I wanted to share my other go to sweet treat recipe- Toffee bars! I have been making these during the holidays for years. They are easy to make, require no fancy ingredients and are so, so good!!!! Enjoy!
1 Stick of Butter
1 Cup of Light Brown Sugar
1 Egg Yolk
1 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 Cups of Flour
3 Giant Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bars
Chopped Walnuts (I buy one bag and sprinkle enough to cover)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Melt butter in the microwave. Cream butter and sugar together.
3. Add Vanilla and egg yolk. Slowly add in flour 1/2 cup at a time. Mix thoroughly.
4. Press the dough evenly on the bottom of a 14×17 cookie sheet. It should be very thin.
My 3.5 year old son assisted on this part!
5. Bake at 325* for 20 minutes.
6. In a small bowl, break chocolate bars into pieces.
7. Microwave in 30 second increments and stir before putting back. .Total time should be 1-2 minutes at most. Keep an eye out, you do not want to overcook it.
8. Pour and spread melted chocolate over the crust.
9. Add desired amount of walnuts.
10. Cool either overnight or put outside if it is cold out.
11. Cut into pieces and serve. I use a large knife and press down to slice at once. This prevents pieces from breaking.
Cleanup tip: Licking the chocolate off the spatula is kind of mandatory!