Like pretty much every other mom, I am constantly rushing, especially in the morning. After getting sick of granola bars, I started drinking a smoothie each morning and it surprisingly keeps me filled up through the morning routine!
I am not a health nut by any means but this tastes good! Here is the recipe- beware: I am writing it like your grandma would describe to you “You know…you just put a little bit in.” Use your discretion and make this your own!
Plain Greek Yogurt (I buy a great organic lowfat one from Whole Foods)
Kale or Leafy Green Mix (from Target)
PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter (I get mine Amazon)
Steps (this is SO easy):
1. Dump everything in the Nutribullet (or blender). This is the order I go in:
- Greens or Kale
- Broken up banana (blends easier when broken into 3-4 pieces)
- Blueberries (a handful)
- 2 scoops of yogurt
- 2 Tbsp of PB2
- 1 Tbsp of Flax seed
- Almond milk goes in last. Pour your desired amount. I like to do a lot to make it more liquid-y but if you prefer a thicker smoothie, you could just do a few Tbsp.
2. Blend for 30 seconds or so
3. Pour into your glass and ENJOY! Easy as pie…(a healthy, non-fat pie)!
Have another great recipes for a smoothie? Feel free to comment and let me know!
While you are sitting and enjoying your smoothie, make sure to join Daily Deals by Pink Rose Mama on Facebook! I am posting all the best deals I find online! It is super fun AND will save you some money!