I swear, I used to have a great memory. Upcoming events, dates, times, people’s names, and other important things in my life could be recalled in seconds. Then I had kids and my memory apparently went away along with the ability to sleep past 7am. I constantly feel like I am playing catch up and since having baby #2, I cannot seem to keep my schedule straight. Double booking myself or missing an appointment happens more often then I’d like to admit.
My weekly schedule helps some but there are times that I need to see a big picture. I need a calendar. I hate how big wall calendars are. They take up a bunch of wall space and just aren’t my style. I got the idea to do an erasable calendar in the frame and to my surprise it came out just as well as I envisioned! I added a weekly meal planning section as well as a place to record groceries we run out of as the week goes on.
|I found out that if you don’t tape the opaque paper to a piece of
printer paper, this will happen…
It was a fairly simple project once I got over some unfortunate printer issues. Here is what you need to make your own and get yourself organized, too!
- 1 large page of pattered scrapbook paper (this will be your back design)
- 2-3 sheets of opaque scrapbook paper (I ended up using 4 after my printer kept screwing up)
- Scissors or paper cutter
- 8.5x11in frame
- Dry erase markers
- Download the printable calendar template above
- Print calendar on opaque scrapbook paper. My paper kept getting stuck in the printer so I taped the edges to a piece of printer paper so it could go through with no issues. Carefully remove tape when printed.
- Prepare to cut large paper to size by laying the opaque calendar over scrapbook paper.
- Cut large scrapbook paper to size. Leave a little extra at top to ensure you cover frame.
- Frame and get organized!
I ordered Expo Ultra Fine dry erase markers from amazon after my regular marker didn’t cut it. They are amazing AND I can color code our calendar. Each member of the family has their own color!