I have started a love affair with my crockpot. With 2 kids, my time to cook dinner is limited and they always seem to be their craziest right around dinner time. I have started preparing dinner during Ryan’s nap and it has changed my life. There is nothing better than having dinner all ready as soon as we are hungry! I use my crockpot 2-3 days a week and it has made a huge difference in my life!
My friend shared this veggie lasagna recipe for the crockpot and I modified it to add in ground beef. I dont ever thing I will go back to baking my lasagna! It is so juicy and easy to make!!
Alex is gluten free so I adapted the recipe to include gluten free noodles
Gluten Free Crockpot Lasagna
- 2 jars or cans of Italian tomato sauce (see notes)
- 1 package of gluten free lasagna noodles
- 24 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 lb ground beef or veggies of your choice(I like to sautee spinich)
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella
- Spray the crockpot with nonstick cooking spray. Spread ½ cup tomato sauce to the bottom so the noodles don’t stick.
- Break noodles so that they fit and mostly cover the bottom. They will probably be awkward looking – not a big deal.
- Cover with about one third of the ricotta, beef, sauce, cheese, and end with noodles.
- Repeat layers two more times for a total of three complete layers. End with a layer of noodles on top, covered with a thin layer of sauce and more shredded cheese.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 5 hours.
Enjoy and serve!
Recipe was adapted from a veggie lasagna recipe on pinchofyum.com