Since I am now an old pro at posting daily deals on my fan page, I am realizing that I get a lot of similar questions so I figured an FAQ of sorts might help! Here are the most frequently asked questions when it comes to deals on Amazon…
1. How come the price on the deal is different than the one you posted?
Amazon’s prices fluctuate….constantly! If a deal is listed at a certain price and the price is higher…often a lot higher….the deal may be over.
A good way to check is see who the seller is. I generally post items sold directly from Amazon. A “3rd party seller” may sell the item after a deal sells out.
ALWAYS make sure to double check prices at the time you purchase. Prices on each deal are as of the time they are posted and are subject to change….so act fast!
2. What is a Lightning Deal?
Lightning deals are price drops that last 3-4 hours. There is a limited number of items in the deal available so Amazon will show you what percentage of the deal has been claimed as time goes on.
3. Oh no! The Lightning Deal I want is 100% claimed! What do I do?
GO ON THE WAIT LIST!!!! Once a Lightning Deal is 100% claimed, a button should pop up asking you to join the wait list. Log back on to Amazon every 5 minutes or so. If you get called off, a box will pop up notfying you that you got the deal. You then have 15 minutes to purchase the deal.
4. What is Amazon Prime?
For $99, you can join Amazon Prime. The price may seem steep, but having been a Prime member for years, I honestly think it is 100% worth it! Here are some of the benefits (taken from Amazon’s website):
- FREE Two-Day Shipping
- Prime Video: unlimited streaming of movies and TV episodes for paid or free trial members in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. F
- Prime Music: unlimited, ad-free access to hundreds of Prime Playlists and more than a million songs for members in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
- Prime Photos: Secure unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive.
- Access to Prime Pantry
- Prime Early Access: Get 30-minute early access to Lightning Deals
You can sign up for a free trial here.
5. What is Subscribe and Save?
I post a lot of subscribe and save deals. Here is how Amazon describes subscribe and save: you receive a discount off the Amazon everyday low price, free standard shipping, and the convenience of automatic deliveries when you receive your subscriptions on your monthly Subscribe & Save delivery day. There are no commitments, obligations, or fees and you can cancel a subscription at any time.
6. You posted that I have to click on the coupon to receive the deal. Where is it?
It is generally a green box found under the price.
7. The price didn’t change after I clicked the coupon! Did it not apply?
Proceed with the deal and go to the “review subscription” or payment phase of checkout. The discount should show up there.
So, there you have it! I hope this helped you get a little more familiar with Amazon! It can be confusing but oh so addicting. Happy shopping!